DIAC helps Engineers secure Visas to work in Queensland. - Migration Place

DIAC has revised its policy regarding the registration requirements for engineers in Queensland.

The current policy requires Engineers to be registered with the Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) before they are eligible.

The Department will waive the registration requirements, where:

  1. The visa application is for an employer sponsored permanent residence (ENS and RSMS) visa.
  2. The engineer will be working in Queensland.
  3. The engineer is supervised by a registered engineer who holds an RPEQ registration card.
  4. the nominating employer confirms that the nominee will carry out professional engineering services under the direct supervision of the named registered professional engineer.