The permanent employer-sponsored program is being reviewed. This will effect RSMS (the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) and work visas (also known as the Employer Nomination Scheme).
DIAC has decided to simplify the pathway for eligible 457 visa holders to obtain permanent residence, by implementing the following key changes on 1 July 2012:
- removing the onshore and offshore distinctions
- absorbing the separate labour agreement subclasses into the ENS and RSMS
- introducing a simplified pathway for eligible 457 visa holders to obtain permanent residency
- raising the upper age limit to less than 50 years
- changing the English language and skill requirements
- introducing one consolidated sponsored occupation list (SOL) to replace the 457 occupation list, the Employer Nomination Skilled Occupation List (ENSOL) and the State and Territory Sponsored Occupation List (StatSOL)
- refocussing the regional certifying body (RCB) network to the direct entry stream of RSMS
- integrating the new ENS and RSMS visas with the skilled migrant selection model-SkillSelect, which will be launched on 1 July 2012.
Should you have any questions about this reform, please contact us at (07) 3891 3333 or at email@example.com.
To receive all of our newsfeed for free, please sign up to our newsletter!
Discover more answers to your Australian Immigration Questions here!