Domestic Violence Lawyers Brisbane
- Zeke Bentley, our Principal, with Tim Costello, the CEO of World Vision for some 12 years before moving to the new role of chief advocate for World Vision.
- Newly engaged to your Australian partner? We can help!
- We can help with Carer Visas!
- Bringing your family to Australia
- Have you been affected by a Migration Decision?
Unfortunately a number of relationships between Australians and foreign partners result in domestic violence – when this happens you need a migration lawyer working with your domestic violence/family lawyer because;
- the “foreign” partner is often entitled to bridging visas and immediate permanent residency (without waiting the normal two years) especially where partners have a child;
- The partners have had a child or where one partner is pregnant.
- A conviction for domestic violence can stop a visa applicant passing the 501 character test.
- The Australian may want to sponsor a new foreign partner in the future (domestic violence convictions can prevent you getting a partner visa in the future!).
We have extensive expertise in domestic violence matters and securing bridging visas and immediate permanent residency on the basis of a domestic violence issue and drafting submissions to have a domestic violence conviction waived so that an Australian can sponsor a new partner.