Domestic Violence Lawyers Brisbane
- Newly released Skilled Migration Updates!
- Goodbye 457 visa, hello Temporary Skill Shortage Visas!
- Top 10 Reasons Why Kiwis should apply for Australian permanent residency NOW (post 1 July 2017)
- Working Holiday visas now available for applicants up to 35 years of age!
New Partner Visa Rules – what you need to know, now that the new rules are in place!
Apply ASAP whilst the queue is short, and the rules are relaxed!
Unfortunately a number of relationships between Australians and foreign partners result in domestic violence – when this happens you need a migration lawyer working with your domestic violence/family lawyer because;
- the “foreign” partner is often entitled to bridging visas and immediate permanent residency (without waiting the normal two years) especially where partners have a child;
- The partners have had a child or where one partner is pregnant.
- A conviction for domestic violence can stop a visa applicant passing the 501 character test.
- The Australian may want to sponsor a new foreign partner in the future (domestic violence convictions can prevent you getting a partner visa in the future!).
We have extensive expertise in domestic violence matters and securing bridging visas and immediate permanent residency on the basis of a domestic violence issue and drafting submissions to have a domestic violence conviction waived so that an Australian can sponsor a new partner.