Domestic Violence Lawyers Brisbane
Act quickly if you want an Australian partner visa!
The rules (and fees) change on 1 July 2017.
In love with an Australian?
You need to know about the 1 July changes!
If your current visa is about to expire, then you need to apply NOW!
- The new 457 work visa rules
- Even more reason to have a working holiday in Australia!
- A new parent visa has been unveiled
Unfortunately a number of relationships between Australians and foreign partners result in domestic violence – when this happens you need a migration lawyer working with your domestic violence/family lawyer because;
- the “foreign” partner is often entitled to bridging visas and immediate permanent residency (without waiting the normal two years) especially where partners have a child;
- The partners have had a child or where one partner is pregnant.
- A conviction for domestic violence can stop a visa applicant passing the 501 character test.
- The Australian may want to sponsor a new foreign partner in the future (domestic violence convictions can prevent you getting a partner visa in the future!).
We have extensive expertise in domestic violence matters and securing bridging visas and immediate permanent residency on the basis of a domestic violence issue and drafting submissions to have a domestic violence conviction waived so that an Australian can sponsor a new partner.