You need to act before 30 June 2014 (probably sooner) as the following parent and aged visas are being closed off in June 2014 (within the next 5 weeks – the exact date has not yet been announced:
- Parent visa (subclass 103)
- Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclasses 114 and 838)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclasses 115 and 835)
- Carer visa (subclasses 116 and 836).
These changes are part of the recent Federal Government’s budget.
The changes were announced by the DIBP (the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) to take effect before the start of the 2014-15 Migration Programme year.
The date of cessation will be announced shortly, and is likely to be sometime in June (within the next SIX WEEKS).
Please contact us at The Migration Place ASAP if your parents want to live in Australia as you will need to act immediately.
For more information see Closing of Non-Contributory Parent and Other Family visas.