Shining opportunity for Social Workers!
The latest Primary Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL), updated on the 27th of November 2020, has added one more skilled occupation in demand- Social Worker to fill in critical skills during Australia’s recovery from the COVID19.
Australia’s fast-growing population and ageing community inevitably hugely increase demand in healthcare and aged-care services. Australia, thus, calls for more skilled migrants to urgently fill skills shortages in critical sectors like healthcare across the country.
We continue to expect many more overseas health professionals like doctors and nurses becoming Australian citizens and permanent residents this coming year. Perhaps, in 2021 year, PMSOL may expand its list further to include new skilled occupations that can make an impact or contribution to Australian community and/or economy.
Current Primary Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
The 18 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Social Worker (272511)- updated on 27 November 2020
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
If you have any questions regarding the above, or require any other immigration assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by phone on +61 7 3229 4025. Our experienced and knowledgeable migration solicitors, who are also registered migration agents, would be happy to help.