The Migration and Refugee Review Tribunals (“MRT-RRT”) are changing their policy of sending a copy of correspondence to an applicant in detention, who has nominated another person to be their authorised recipient.
Effective from 4 June 2012, a copy of correspondence will only be sent to a review applicant as well as sending it to the review applicant’s authorised recipient in the following circumstances:
- Migration Review Tribunal – where the review relates to a decision to refuse or cancel the bridging visa of a non-citizen who is in detention as a result of that decision; and where a review applicant has nominated a person as his or her authorised recipient, and that person’s registration as a migration agent has been suspended or cancelled or their registration has lapsed.
- Refugee Review Tribunal – where a review applicant has nominated a person as his or her authorised recipient and that person’s registration as a migration agent has been suspended or cancelled or their registration has lapsed.
The Migration Place (a division of Irish Bentley Lawyers) is a law firm with proven expertise in all visa categories, as well as in Court and Tribunal matters.
Our Principal migration lawyer, Zeke Bentley has over 15 years of Court experience at all levels.
We can represent you if you are appealing to the Migration Review Tribunal or the Refugee Review Tribunal.
If you are charged with a crime whilst in Australia, then we can assist you with:
- Defending the charges in Court;
- Advising you on the correct strategy to adopt to preserve your visa eligibility; and
- Arranging a criminal justice visa.
If your visa status has been unlawful in Australia, we can assist you with lifting the three year re-entry ban.
Zeke has personally handled hundreds of visa applications, including helping hundreds of families migrate to Australia from all around the world.
We note that the migration rules change constantly, and the process is getting harder each year. We highlight the need to act quickly, and with assistance of a registered and experienced migration lawyer.
By engaging Zeke as your migration agent, you can take comfort that your application is being handled professionally, with maximum prospects of success.
Contact us now to arrange for legal advice on your visa eligibility!