New Temporary Visas announced - the 401, 402 and 403 visas - Migration Place

The 401 visa
This is for people who want to enter Australia under one of four streams: the Exchange, Sport, Religious Worker and Domestic Worker streams.
The 401 is a multiple entry visa which allows you and your family to stay in Australia for up to two years.
The 402 visa
This visa allows a person to come to Australia temporarily for work-related training, professional development, or to conduct and observe academic research.
It allows you to live and work in Australia for a maximum of two years, and can be renewed.
The 403 visa – for diplomatic staff
This is for diplomatic staff, you do not need a sponsor in order to apply for this visa, and it enables you to stay in Australia until your work is completed.