The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship has recently announced changes to the Business Skills Visa Program to include the following:
- A new Significant Investment visa will be established and become available for entrepreneurs ready to invest at least $5 million in Australia during the 2012-2013 program.
- The existing 13 visa subclasses will be reduced to just 3:
- The Significant Investment visa;
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (Permanent); and
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (Provisional).
The two Business Innovation and Investment visas will be integrated into the SkillSelect Model from 1 July.
- Other upcoming changes to the Migration Program, that particularly focus on the transformation of the employer sponsored visa types, will come into effect on 1 July 2012. For further information about these changes, please see our previous FAQ item: http://www.themigrationplace.com/2012/03/23/proposed-reforms-to-the-work-visa-employer-nomination-scheme/.
The Migration Place is one of only a few migration agencies that have experience in business and investor visas, and our website has some useful general advice: http://www.themigrationplace.com/investor-and-business-visa/
Indeed The Migration Place is a division of Irish Bentley Lawyers (www.irishbentley.com.au) which is a boutique commercial law Firm in Brisbane.
Our Principal Migration Lawyer, Zeke Bentley, has over 15 years of experience in setting up company structures and drafting/negotiating commercial agreements.
We can provide a holistic solution to help walk you through the entire process – from visa application from effective tax structures through to leasing agreements and applying for government grants.
To request a full legal advice on your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.