Skilled Visa invitations for ICT Professionals were suspended in New South Wales and Victoria last year. Recently however, both States announced that ICT Professionals are now able to be sponsored in New South Wales and Victoria.
The occupations that State and Territory Governments wish to sponsor changes frequently, and thus it is very important that applicants submit an application for nomination as soon as possible to ensure that their occupation is still on the list.
In order to apply for a Skilled Visa, the process is as follows:
- Apply for a Skills Assessment;
- Sit the English test e.g. IELTS;
- Submit an Expression of Interest;
- Submit an application for State Sponsorship;
- Wait for an invitation to apply for a Skilled Visa; then
- Apply for a Skilled Visa.
As there are many steps prior to being invited to apply, it is a good idea to use a registered migration lawyer to ensure the Skilled Visa is granted.
If you are a skilled ICT Professional and you are interested in being sponsored by a State or Territory Government, contact the experienced team at The Migration Place on (07) 3229 4025 or via email at email@example.com