Australian Skilled Visa - Migration Place

If you are interested in obtaining Australian residency, there are several visas options that may be open to you based on your occupation. These include both employer sponsored visa options and skilled migrant visa options. Employer sponsored visas require you to find an employer willing to sponsor you and for you to work with that employer in the position they have nominated you for. However, if you don’t have an employer wishing to sponsor your or you don’t want to be tied to a specific employer, an Australian skilled visa may be a better option for you.

In order to be eligible for a skilled migrant visa, your occupation will need to be on at least one of the two skilled occupation lists for migration to Australia:

If your occupation is on both of these lists, you will have more Australian skilled visa options available to you.

Australian Skilled Visa Categories

There are currently 4 different types of skilled migrant visas which you can apply for:

  • Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489);
  • Skilled Regional (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 887);
  • Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190); and
  • Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)

Applying for a skilled Migrant Visa

If you are considering applying for an Australian skilled visa contact the Migration Place today on (07) 3229 4025. Our lawyers are experienced in handling all stages of Australian skilled visas, from finding the right visa for you, obtaining skills assessments, meeting the points test all the way through to obtaining successful visa grants. If your visa application is not properly prepared you could lose your application fee and it could lead to problems if you wish to apply for another visa in the further. Don’t risk your Australian residency with a poorly prepared application, call the Migration Place today.

Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.