Other Visas - Migration Place

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa

This is a temporary visa which allows a non-New Zealand family member of a New Zealand citizen to live and work in Australia for up to five years. This visa is available for the partners of New Zealand citizens, their dependent children or grandchildren. You can also be eligible if you have another relationship to a New Zealand citizen, and you usually live in their household.

To be eligible for this visa, you must be an eligible family member of a New Zealand citizen and your New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa on arrival.

If you are a relative of a New Zealand citizen and you are looking to visit Australia, contact one of our Australian migration agent or migration lawyers today!


Distinguished Talent Visa

If you believe that you would be an asset to the Australian community with extraordinary and remarkable abilities, Australia wants you!

The Distinguished Talent Visa is a permanent residence visa granted to people who have obtained recognition for exceptional achievement in:

  • Sport
  • A profession
  • Research or academia
  • The arts

A permanent residence visa allows the holder to work, study, receive Medicare benefits and sponsor their eligible relatives for permanent residence. This is also a pathway to your Australian citizenship! You can also bring your immediate family with you, as dependents.

Key indicators that you could be eligible for this visa include an internationally recognised record of exceptional achievement in the four areas listed above, prominence or fame in your area of excellence or clear indicators that you would be an asset to the Australian community and raise Australia’s profile in your area of talent.

You must be nominated by a peer with a national reputation in Australia in your field of talent. Your nominator may be an eligible person or an organisation, but must also be highly regarded throughout Australia.

Our migration lawyers have previously successfully obtained Distinguished Talent Visas in Australia for talented individuals such as film directors, international sportsmen, musicians and academics. Unlike Australian skilled visas, partner visas, employer-sponsored visas or student visas, the grant of a Distinguished Talent visa is discretionary. It is therefore highly recommended that you seek an experienced lawyer to draft your visa application.

Contact one of our migration lawyers or experienced Australian migration agents today!



Remaining Relatives Visa

If your only near relatives are settled in Australia and are all Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens and no other relatives outside of Australia, this may be the right visa option for you!

This type of visa is a permanent visa for people who want to live in Australia to be with their only near relatives. Your relative should be able to sponsor you, and provide assurance to the government that they can look after you financially for the first two years after you arrive in Australia.

We note that the migration rules change constantly and the process is getting harder each year so we highlight the need to act quickly and with assistance of a registered and experienced migration lawyer.

Book in for a consultation with our experienced lawyers today!


Working Holiday Visas

The Working Holiday Visa allows young travellers to work in short term positions (no longer than 6 months) whilst visiting Australia.

To be eligible you must:

  • Be between 18 and 31 years of age.
  • Be a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia
  • Have sufficient funds to support yourself on a working holiday and to buy a ticket home
  • have no dependent children with you.
  • have “functional” English skills.
  • be from one of the following countries: Belgium; France; Japan; Sweden; Canada; Germany; Korea; Taiwan; Denmark; Hong Kong; Malta; United Kingdom; Estonia; Ireland; Netherlands; Bangladesh; Finland; Italy; Norway; Chile; Indonesia; Malaysia; Thailand; Turkey; USA; Argentina; Cyrus, China, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay

Approximately 107,000 visas are granted each year, and 80% of applications are processed within 6 days of lodgement.

The working holiday visa is the perfect visa to test whether you wish to migrate to Australia. You may also take the time to explore the potential for business visas or sponsored visas while on your holiday. Even if you are simply looking to explore the famous Australian outdoors, the Working Holiday visa is a highly efficient way to open up new possibilities.

If you are in Australia on a Work Holiday Visa, then you should talk to our migration lawyer about applying for residency as soon as possible.

The sooner you talk to us, the sooner our experienced lawyer can start setting up your new future in Australia.


Child Visas

Children may be separated from their parents or guardians for a number of reasons. Perhaps your child lives overseas, or perhaps you have recently migrated and your child wants to join you. There are various options for child to migrate to Australia.

A child means a person under the age of 18, a person between the ages of 18 and 25 who is studying full-time, or a dependent person over 18 who cannot work due to a disability. A child can bring their own children with them when they migrate. Either the sponsoring parent or their partner must be an Australian citizen. An engaged or married child under 18 will not be eligible for a child visa. All Child visas must be in the best interests of the child.

There are three different types of visas available for children:

  • Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)
  • This is a temporary visa which allows a child to travel to and from or stay in Australia until their parent’s permanent Partner visa is finalised.In order to get this visa, the child must be sponsored by the same person who sponsored their parent on their partner visa application.If this visa is granted, the child also needs to make a permanent partner visa application before the parents permanent partner visa is decided.
  • Child visa (Subclass 101)This permanent visa allows a child to come to Australia to live with their parents. The Child must be outside of Australia to apply, and to be granted the visa.The child must be sponsored by an Australian citizen parent, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa parent or an eligible New Zealand parent.
  • Child visa (Subclass 802)This is a permanent visa which allows a child who is in Australia to stay in Australia. The child must be sponsored by an Australian citizen parent, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa parent or an eligible New Zealand parent.

It is important that you apply for the right Child visa, as with all visa application charges, the fees are non-refundable. Our experienced lawyers or registered migration agents can help you determine and advise you on the right child visa for you and your child.

Contact our migration lawyers today!


Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.