Student Visas - Migration Place

A Student visa is for non-Australian citizens or residents that wish to study in Australia for a course of education that is longer than three months. It is also suitable for non-Australian citizens or residents who wish to act as a guardian to a student studying in Australia.

Student visas are temporary visas which may lead to a skilled migrant visa, employer sponsored visa and permanent residency. Studying in Australia is a stepping stone to residency, and our migration lawyers can help you achieve this. A Student visa for Australia can give you skills that are recognised by Australian employers, government departments, and international bodies.

You can only make an application for an Australian Student visa after you have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). In order to receive a CoE, you must have received a formal offer from your education provider, which you have accepted in writing. Usually, you will need to have paid a deposit towards your tuition fees.

You must also:

  • Have a sufficient level of English
  • Have access to sufficient finances to pay for your travel, education and living costs (directly or via a sponsor, approved individual or with government support); and
  • Meet all mandatory health and character requirements.

It is important that you hold the correct student visa for your intended course. Our registered migration agents can help determine the right student visa subclass for you and prepare your student visa application. Choosing an Australian migration agent instead of an overseas agent can give you localised, specific information about your Student visa and your chosen course of study from the same context that your Department of Immigration case officer, your education provider and your potential future employers will be examining you from.

The different categories of Student visas for Australia are known as ‘subclasses’. Each Student visa subclass has its own set of criteria that must be satisfied in order for the visa to be granted.

Australian Student Visa Categories

Subclass 570 – Independent ELICOS Visa
Subclass 571 – School Visa
Subclass 572 – Vocational Education and Training Visa
Subclass 573 – Higher Education Visa
Subclass 574 – Postgraduate Research Visa
Subclass 575 – Non-Award Visa
Subclass 576 – AusAID or Defence Visa
Subclass 580 – Student Guardian Visa

Applying for a student Visa

If you are considering applying for a student visa contact the Migration Place today on (07) 3229 4025. Our lawyers are experienced in handling all stages of a student visa, from finding the right visa for you, obtaining skills assessments, meeting the points test all the way through to obtaining successful visa grants. If your visa application is not properly prepared you could lose your application fee and it could lead to problems if you wish to apply for another visa in the further. Don’t risk your Australian residency with a poorly prepared application, call the Migration Place today.

Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.