Our Migration service will help you relocate yourself and your family
Migration Decision Review
Contact us today to find out more!
Australian Court Appeal Lawyer
The Migration Place can help you with all Court and tribunal matters:
- Appealing a visa refusal or cancellation
- Dealing with breaches of your visa conditions (eg an overstay)
- Securing the waiver of your criminal record, or poor health, or age.
- Giving evidence in Court on injury claims, criminal sentencing, and business disputes.
Our experienced migration lawyers have successfully appealed visa decisions to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and the Full Federal Court. We have also attacked the validity of legislation in the High Court.
We are a division of Irish Bentley Lawyers and have the requisite experience in all legal matters to ensure you get the right advice and representation.
Need to appeal a visa refusal or cancellation?
Call us now – the time period for appeal can be as little as a week so act NOW.
We are experienced in all relevant Courts:
- The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (Migration Review Division)
- The Federal Court of Australia
- The Full Federal Court of Australia
- The High Court of Australia
- The Family Law Court
- All State Courts.
For example, we can resolve overseas custody issues (where one parent resists allowing your child to join you in Australia). We assist UK Councils to relocate adopted and foster children to Australia.
We also assist UK Councils to relocate adopted and foster children to Australia.
Overstayed your visa, or breached your visa conditions, or need a 3-year ban removed?
- We can go with you into the Department to help deal with any issues (indeed we are next door to the Department and have been helping people with their visa issues since 2002).
- We can arrange bridging visas to help you to leave Australia legally, travel while you wait for a visa outcome, work in Australia, and more!
- We can set out a complete strategy to achieve your future immigration goals and avoiding any future difficulties.
- Breaching your visa can result in a three-year ban on any future visa applications, however we have successfully lodged legal submissions to the Department to remove this ban.
Need to explain a criminal record or poor health?
We are experienced in successfully lodging submissions seeking a waiver of:
- The Health requirement (including cancer submission).
- The Character requirements.
- The English requirements.
- The Age requirements.
- The No Study condition.
- The No Further Stay condition.
Need Expert Evidence in injury claims, and business disputes
Our lawyers provide expert evidence to prove a temporary visa holder had good prospects of securing permanent residency in:
- Injury claims, to prove the visa holder ought receive the same compensation for their injury as an Australian
- Business disputes, where one business partner does not hold a residency visa, or is in breach of his/her visa conditions
- Criminal matters, where the effect upon someone’s visa status is relevant to sentencing.
- You will have access to a team of experienced and qualified migration lawyers, who are confident and comfortable appearing in court.
Need expert visa advice or evidence to help you with your other legal issues in the Criminal or Family Courts?
We are engaged by Criminal Law Firms, Injury Law Firms, Barristers, Lawyers, and Family Law Firms:
- To provide expert evidence to their clients on migration rules, to help reduce the sentences handed down on criminal matters (to ensure the sentencing Judge takes into account how the sentence will also impact visa considerations). This has become very relevant with the new character rules being strictly enforced.
- To arrange criminal justice visas (a visa available for people charged with Australian offences, who need a visa to stay in Australia to defend the charges), noting this approach also assists negotiations with prosecutors.
- To deal with any visa issues that are triggered by divorce or contested custody matters.
- To arrange bridging visas to allow people to deal with their separate legal affairs.
To prove a temporary visa holder had good prospects of securing permanent residency in:
- Injury claims, to prove the visa holder ought to receive the same compensation for their injury as an Australian.
- Business disputes, where one business partner does not hold a residency visa or is in breach of his/her visa conditions.
You will have access to a team of experienced and qualified migration lawyers, who are confident and comfortable appearing in court.
The evidence of your expert witness can be crucial to winning your case, so do not leave things up to chance. Get in contact with our team today!