Subclass 188 – Investor stream
The following are the specific requirements of the Investor stream:
- You score at least 65 on the Business Points Test;
- You have net business, personal and investment assets of at least AUD2.25 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted;
- You have a high level management skill in relation to either an investment or business activity;
- You have at least three years of experience of direct involvement in managing a business or investment;
- You have an overall successful business or investment record;
- You have a genuine and realist commitment to continuing your business and investment activity in Australia and live;
You have, for at least one of the five fiscal years, directly managed either:
- A business in which you have at least 10 per cent ownership interest, or
- Investments owned by you combined of at least AUD1.5million.
- You make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5 million in a state or territory government security and are prepared to hold that investment for four years; and
- You are younger than 55 (unless your proposed investment will be of exceptional benefit to the region).